The last detail I wanted to share about was the wrapping paper/craft paper station.
Previously, my wrapping paper was in the corner of a closet, jumbled in a trashcan. I wanted it to be out, and easily accessible, so I went to the home improvement store, and started thinking.
Here is what I came up with:
-Pack of cup hooks $1.99
- Desired number of dowel rods .88 each (10 @ $8.80)
- 1 1x2 .92
1) Paint cut the wood to desired length: I did 4 two foot sections, and paint them white (if desired).
2) Pre-drill holes, and screw in the cup hooks:
3) Cut dowel rods to desired length (I just measured slightly longer than the wrapping paper) Tip: You want to have enough for it to go past the hook a few inches, otherwise it will be hard to balance.
4) Use a nail gun to attach the wood pieces to the wall, and add the dowel rods and paper!
I added the curtain rod from Ikea (for $1.99) to hold my ribbon and craft paper (also purchased at Ikea, it's meant to go on an easel, and it's a steal in the children's area for only $3.50).
I also grabbed the awesome hanging cups from Ikea for only .99 each! They hold my scissors, tape, and gift tags perfectly!
I must admit, I kind of feel pressure to be crafty and wrap awesome presents now, ha!
I'm thinking about having a pinterest party to get some creativity flowing.
Happy Crafting! :)